Thursday, July 12, 2018

Failures

Last year, I had a bit of a fall out. I was working at this company and I got tired of it, and I wanted to move on with my career. So I found work at a different company, while working part-time at the old company. I was there for 6 months, but things took a turn. Mistakes happened, whether they were my fault or not, it was still deemed to be my fault. Anyway, I was forced to quit that job, and so I went back to the previous company I worked for and I'm still working there until now.

As I think back to that time in my life, I remember feeling how sad I was, how empty I felt, how embarrassed I felt, how anxious I felt, and how much of a failure I felt. It was one to two months of me feeling sorry for myself. I even booked a solo trip to visit my brother and a last minute trip to the Philippines. However, despite all those feelings, I don't regret it. I tried something new and unfortunately, it didn't work out. Regardless of what happened, it was an experience, lessons were learned, and I'm better now. Also, if I hadn't went back to my previous job, then I might not have made the friends I have now.

So when I saw this quote, it struck a heartstring in me because now, I believe that my failure was a blessing in disguise.

"A door closes, and another one opens." Now, I am going back to school for my Master's degree to be a Family Nurse Practitioner and I have new friends who are there to support me on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment