Friday, December 28, 2018

It's Okay Not to Be Okay

I like to save thoughts on my notes on my phone. Here's an entry from October 10, 2018. It was suicide awareness month, I believe.

Yes, growing up I have learned that "it's okay not to be okay." My best friend actually helped me realize that. Now, it's one of my favorite quotes.

We live in a society that depicts being alone, quiet, and vulnerable is weaken. But I think they're the ones who are strong enough to be alone with their own thoughts about life and come in touch with their own feelings, which not many people can do nowadays. I think they're the most real people. Feelings are what makes us human. So when they reach out to other people or vice versa, they're able to dig deep and feel how others are feeling because they know how sadness, anger, loneliness, confusion, heartbreak, etc. feels like. On the other hand, we need to be a friend to them too. Show them that they matter and who they are is enough. Everybody needs at least one good friend in this crazy world.

Be kind to one another, learn to look for the best in people, and encourage others to be who they are and help each other be the best version of ourselves. We never know what others are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment