Saturday, August 3, 2013

Quiet Time

Everybody has those moments when sadness or stress creeps upon them.  Today, I realize just how important quiet time is.  I was feeling lonely, so I spent a while out in my backyard by my dog's grave.  I just sat there talking to her (like I would when she was still here), enjoying the breeze, listening to the leaves move in the wind, and talking to the sky.  I miss my little dear friend terribly, especially at times when I feel sad or stressed.  She had a way to make me smile despite of my mood.  You can call me crazy, but she was my best friend when I didn't have any friends.  When I think I've moved on, I guess I really haven't.  It still hurts deeply to know that she's gone.  In time, I know things will get better.  For now, I'm just taking it day by day.
Anyway, quiet time gave me time to reflect about what really matters.  I need to be strong and learn to smile and laugh again.

No comments:

Post a Comment