Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Favorite "Strangers"

It's not that easy for me to be open to other people.  I mean, I am "the girl who never talks."  For a long time, actually, nearly everyday, I question myself when will I ever find someone or a group of people to become my closest friends and to help me break out of my shell.  I don't have a close group of friends that I can just reach out to or just hangout with.  So for a very long time, I felt lonely, and once in a while, I still do because I would miss having a friend around almost all the time, especially when there was no school and we would just have fun.  But since middle school, my childhood friendships just faded, so I didn't really have close friends.  I didn't really have a best friend or anyone to talk to.  I was a loner, I guess you can say.  This kind of stuff haunts me all the time and it's hard to live with these thoughts everyday.  But luckily, I found certain people who can kind of help me to forget all of that once in a while.

This certain group of people, I met through the internet.  Yup.  We met at a fan site of our favorite musician.  These people, even though I haven't met more than half of them in person or we hardly ever get to hangout together, have a special connection.  We understand each other.  We act as if we've known each other for so long, I guess.  Anyway, I'm proud to say that after so long of feeling lonely and knowing how being lonely feels, it feels good to know that there are still good people out there who are accepting, caring, and loving.  Of course, the distance from each other is a problem, but someway or somehow, someone is always there for you to make you smile or to make you laugh.  In other words, at the end of the day, when I ask myself who was there for me to listen and comfort me or to just simply turn my day around with a simple gesture, it would be this certain group of people.

We may have never known each other for so long, but I find it really easy to be myself around them and I love how they accept me for the way that I am.  With that said, I'm proud and not ashamed to say that they are my definition of "real friends."  And I think within them also, I found some best friends.  Best friends that I always wished I had. ;)

I never would have imagined that strangers I met from the internet would become the people who mean so much to me.

I love them.  Enough said.

xo, J    

1 comment: