Sunday, October 3, 2010

Dear Reader

Dear reader,

Let me start by introducing myself.  My full first name is Jaymie-Alyson, but you can simply call me, Jaymie.  I'm 19 years old, born at a military base in the same city I am still currently living in.  Yes, I've been living in the same city since the day I was born.  This place is home for me.  I don't care what other people say about it.  I'm full Filipino, but born here in the United States, aka I'm Filipino-American and I'm very proud of it.  

As the "About Me" section says, I am a very shy girl, but I tend to really open up in my writing; at least, my English teachers think so.  Also, as the title of my blog page says, "I'm the girl who never talks."  Now, where did I get that from?  Well, I got it from my many years in school and being around my peers.  It seems to be one of the only ways people remember me or the way people would introduce me to others.  So that's a big part of who I am, I guess.  I know that it's not great to be this shy, at least that's what I've been told by so many people in my life.  I've experienced terrible things for being this way, which not many people know about and I don't know if I want to post that story here. But anyway, this is why for so many years now, I TRY not to be shy.  It's an everyday challenge for me.  It's tough, but this is who I am and this is how I've been since I was a little girl, especially around other people.

Now, the reason why I decided to join this blog site was because I wanted a place where I can just write my thoughts and feelings down.  I wanted a place where people can get to know me more than just "the girl who never talks."  I wanted a place where I just want to be "heard."  I have another blog site called Tumblr, which I love, but it's hard to get feedback on there, which is really what I look for when I write blogs, especially when they're very personal.  So I ask you a favor as my reader, to comment or "talk" to me.  And let me just tell you, don't be afraid to criticize me.  The more you open up with me, the more I'll open up with you.  It works the same way in person.

Lastly and most importantly, I am here to be your friend.  I know this is the internet, and it's not 100% safe to get to know people on the web, but I've met a group of people who are now considered some of my closest and lifelong friends.  Just a little advice, don't be creepy with me, okay?  *toink*

With all of that said, I hope you enjoy my writing and take the time to get to know me well, my friend.

As Sara Bareilles' sings, "Inside is not a heart, but a kaleidoscope..."

Love, 
Jaymie

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to say if i'm a guy or a girl because I believe you would automatically treat me different if you knew. (think honestly - yeah you would). Anyway, i think shyness is actually very endearing. I am 100% more interested in talking to someone shy than say "real loud". Being gregarious is ok but sometimes those type of people talk to much, talk to loud or have a strong opinion about EVERYTHING. Personally, not my type of person. So, i just wanted to let you know. Being shy is cool. I always thought if myself as shy. It's really a guard. I don't want to give myself away and i may not be comfortable talking to you about just anything. But once i'm comfortable then the shyness melts away, which doesn't take too long. In any case, being able to be with someone but just be quiet is nice too, right? Stay shy and be yourself. ;

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right being shy isn't all that bad. I understand that. It's just there has to be a certain limit, and that's what I am struggling with. That is where you are stronger than me, the "melting away" part. It takes a long time for me and a lot of patience for the other person, which makes it harder for me to make friends. That's the part I want to work on. Being shy is who I am. I know that. And I'm probably going to be this way forever. But I have to push myself to be aggressive sometimes too. In other words, I got to know when are the right times to put the wall down, and when are the right times to put it back up. :)

    ReplyDelete