Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sing words of optimism, not words of despair. - Note to self.

"A friend is acting out of character. Let them know you're there to listen and help." - My horoscope for today. It's crazy how my horoscope is right sometimes. It freaks me out actually. lol. Anyway...


Today, I just want to share a little something with you all about what I've learned this year. I saw a lot of unhappy faces on Twitter and it made me sad too. haha. So I hope this helps somehow. :)


I have a friend who wrote a letter for me. It was a surprise letter I received from her at the end of my Confirmation Retreat at church. I like to read it whenever I think I'm going to lose myself. haha. Well, one of the things she said was this:


"We all have our depression problems, but we overcome them by God, family, and the right friends."


And she's damn right.


2010 has not been the prettiest since the turn of the new year for me. 2010 has been a crazy roller coaster ride, emotionally and mentally, and I can't wait to get off of it. Luckily, I found friends who care and who I can trust. ;) And to be honest, I think if it weren't for them, then I would have probably gone insane already. haha. <3 ;)


But anyway, one thing I've learned this year is to keep a positive attitude, regardless of how much of a horrible wreck I am in the inside. Yup, I'm a horrible wreck, BUT whatever is bothering me doesn't stop me from smiling and laughing. I mean, for me, I find that one of the best ways to spread a little positivity or a little happiness is to spread smiles and laughter. I know it sounds corny and cheesy, but that's the way I see it. 
But I also know that in the most complicated times, it's hard to keep a positive attitude and it's hard to put on a smile.  I've been there and done that. And I know that sometimes I put those depressing statuses on Twitter, but after rereading them, I hate myself for putting so much negativity, not only to myself, but also to my friends.


So what I'm trying to say is to do just that...spread the smiles and laughter, okay? :)


This morning, I was listening to LIGHTS and her song "Face Up" started playing. I can't believe I forgot about this song and it's message. Anyway, if any of you don't know, it goes something like this:


"The sun is always gonna rise up, you need to get up, gotta keep your head up...Look at the people all around you, the way you're feeling, everybody goes through."


Everybody goes through life with challenges along the way. Some people are probably getting it worse than you are and those people still have a positive attitude in life. I mean, when I see people like that, it's like a slap on my face telling me to stop frowning and keep smiling because here I am sulking about the littlest thing and there they are down in their miserable lives, yet they're still smiling and laughing and enjoying life. My heart goes out to those people and I bow down to them.


Another thing I've learned is that life is too short to be wasted upon negativity. Go out. Enjoy and appreciate the world around you, including those who love and care for you. :)


Who said life was going to be easy? Keep your head up high, my friends. There's still a lot to see and a lot to experience. Things will turn around, eventually. Just gotta stay strong. 


I'll be here for you, and you be here for me. Deal? ;)


Love, J


P.S. I love you. <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment